Clann Medical Centre is a modern family practice in Portlaoise with an experienced team of doctors, nurses and administration staff who offer high quality, evidence and experience based, caring and confidential healthcare to meet all of your family’s needs.
We are a GP training practice with the HSE Mid Leinster specialist training scheme in General Practice which means that we have the pleasure of welcoming a new GP Registrar every year to complete their specialist training in General Practice.
Our Services Include:
• Private patients
• Medical Card patients (GMS, doctor visit cards, under sixes and over-70s cards – sign up at GPVISITCARD.IE under Dr Sharon McDonald).
For Fees NOT covered by Medical Card – CLICK HERE
• Garda Doctor of Choice Scheme
• Child health and childhood immunisation
• Men’s Health
• Women’s health – including family planning, contraceptive advice, FREE cervical smears, maternity care and care during the Menopause transition
• Long acting reversible contraception (LARC) – Mirena, Kyleena, Copper Coil and Implanon device insertion and removal
• Joint injections (Shoulder)
• Influenza and pneumococcal vaccination
• Specialized vaccinations such as those recommended for certain medical conditions
• Chronic disease management
• Diabetes Care
• Blood testing (phlebotomy)
• ECG testing
• 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
• Driver’s licence medicals
• Ear syringing
• Removal of stitches/wound management
• Medical certification
• Repeat prescription service (please allow 72 hours for completion)
• Out of hours co-op membership of MIDOC
Please note that if the service you are looking for is not listed, you can contact the practice directly to discuss your enquiry.