This year’s Flu vaccine is now available at Clann Medical Centre
It is recommended for the following groups of people :
- All persons aged 65 years and over
- Children aged 2 to 17
- Patients aged 6-23 months and 18-64 years at increased risk of influenza-related complications due to certain underlying health conditions. These include: Those with chronic illness, e.g. chronic heart disease (including acute coronary syndrome), chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease (where the neurological condition compromises clearance of respiratory secretions), chronic renal failure, chronic respiratory disease (including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, moderate or severe asthma, and bronchopulmonary dysplasia), diabetes mellitus, or haemoglobinopathies, Those with immunosuppression due to disease or treatment, including asplenia or hyposplenism, and all cancer patients, Those with any condition that can compromise respiratory function (e.g. spinal cord injury, seizure disorder, or other neuromuscular disorder,) especially those attending special schools/ day centres, Children and adults with Down syndrome, Children with moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorders such as cerebral palsy and intellectual disability, Children on long term aspirin therapy, People with a Body mass index >40.
- Residents of Nursing Homes and other long stay facilities
- Healthcare workers
- Household contacts of people with underlying conditions or Down Syndrome
- Out of Home Care Givers
- Pregnant women
- People in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl
All of the above groups are eligible to receive the flu vaccine free of charge under the National Campaign, whether they are GMS or are private patients (there is no distinction).
Please note that the supplies being provided by the HSE to GPs are for the above categories of patients only- they cannot be used for any other category of patient.
Please contact the surgery now for your appointment if you fall into any of the above categories. If your covid booster is due, you can avail of this at the same time.